Astonish recently sent me a selection of their products to try out. The one that caught my eye in particular was the Astonish Cup Clean. I drink a lot of tea. I drink all sorts of tea: herbal, green, and black tea (quite a lot of it). I like my tea fairly strong too. This means that my cups tend to accumulate quite a lot of tannin stains. I’ve tried various things over the years as normal washing doesn’t quite cut it. My previous best solution was mugs with dark insides (so as not to show the stains too much) and regular soaking with a solution of water and dishwasher tablets. This works, but it’s a bit of a faff as dishwasher tablets don’t dissolve in cups of water very quickly and one tablet is too much for one mug, so you have to fish the half dissolved tablet out after a while and transfer to another cup. There had to be a better solution!
This is the before picture of my badly stained mug. As you can see a clean was well overdue. The instructions couldn’t really be much simpler. Measure out your Astonish Cup Clean, add hot water to the top, leave to cool. I left mine for about an hour and returned to the kitchen to find all the brown scummy stuff floating on the surface (H pulled a face). When I emptied out the water, the cups were super clean and just needed rinsing out really.
As you can see the cup is nice and clean, shiny even inside. I’m very happy and the product couldn’t be easier to use. Now I just need to tackle that oven and hob with the other products.
I’ve got a set of all three products to give away to readers. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries allowed.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older and resident in the UK.
3. The winner or winners will be chosen by a random draw using the competition widget.
4. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter to enable prize fulfillment.
5. The winner’s name may be published on this site.
6. Competition closes at the end of Sunday 22nd March 2020.