As soon as I heard about the Tigeropolis series I was intrigued. I loved the idea of a book about a tiger family and we were sent both the first book, Beyond The Deep Forest, and the second, new book, The Grand Opening, to try out. H likes to read his books in order, so starting with the first book in the series appealed, but the second book could easily be read as a stand alone story. You soon get drawn into the adventures of tiger cubs Bittu and Matti along with their family.
In The Grand Opening we meet up with the two tiger cubs again, together with old Uncle Raj and their mother Tala. They might have saved their beloved Tigeropolis, but they soon discover there’s much more to running a successful wildlife park than posing for the odd picture and uploading it to ‘Tigerbook’. From the reappearance of an old foe from Uncle Raj’s past, to coming up with inventive ways to draw in the crowds, the family of vegetarian tigers have their hands full trying to make the reopening of Tigeropolis the roaring success they want it to be.
One of the things I liked about these books is that fact that they have a serious message under all the fun. They cover issues about saving the environment and wildlife like the tiger. The suggested age group is 8-12 for these books and they do suit this age well, but I enjoyed reading them too. The illustrations are really charming and help bring the stories to life. Highly recommend.
I have a set of both books to give away to a lucky reader. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
- The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
- Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
- Competition closes on 30 October 2016.