The Incredible Adventures Of Professor Branestawm was new to me, but H has loved it. He barely stopped laughing when he was watching it. Apparently it’s based on a book of the same name, which was published in 1933. We were so impressed with the DVD that we have the book on order from the library right now. The film version is a star-studded adaptation of the classic children’s book series and was released on DVD and Digital on 9th November, ahead of the second adventure airing on BBC One on Christmas Eve (make a note for your diaries). Adapted by comedian and author Charlie Higson, and starring Harry Hill, Ben Miller, David Mitchell and Miranda Richardson, this is real comedy feast for adults and children alike. Highly recommended.
Professor Branestawm is the original mad professor, an absent-minded inventor who is oblivious to the chaos his hare-brained creations cause when they go wrong, which they always do. If it weren’t for the efforts of his long-suffering housekeeper, Mrs Flittersnoop and his dim but loyal best friend, Colonel Dedshott , the professor would long ago have blown himself to smithereens. In this adventure, the professor’s friends and his young apprentice Connie, join forces when evil businessman Mr Bullimore and officious local councillor Harold Haggerstone plan to have Branestawn branded a danger to the community so that they can bulldoze his workshop and make way for a giant munitions factory in the middle of town.
Readers of Nine to Three Thirty can win a copy on DVD. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.