A few months back we went to London to find out more about the new Skylanders Imaginators game which is being launched in October this year. As part of our goody bag we came back with some Skylanders Battlecast cards and we’ve been sent some more since, so we have been trying them out. Skylanders Battlecast was launched in spring this year and it uses a free downloadable mobile app alongside the physical cards. The app allows the cards to come to alive and be used in the game.
You scan the cards to get the characters to participate in your game. We found this a bit tricky to begin with as we were scanning the cards while they were in a cardboard holder. Once we tried scanning without this, we got on much better. You don’t need to have cards to start playing though. As you play, you can collect over 300 character, Spell, Gear, and Relic cards. H always likes to collect the rare or special ones. You can also battle with your favourite Skylanders and level up each card to make an unstoppable team. The single player version of the game has these key features:
- Fight your way through over 60 missions across eight elemental islands to defeat Kaos and save Skylands from his legion of EVIL
- Complete challenges on each mission to earn more rewards
- Embark on daily quests to earn rewards and unlock achievements
Alternatively if you are taking part in a multiplayer online game, you can:
- Challenge Battlecasters from around the globe in online PvP
- Earn bonus rewards as you strive to become the Ultimate Battlecaster
A pack of 22 cards cost roughly RRP £9.99 from big toys stores.