This month we were asked to review Mask ‘N’ Ask game from Drumond Park, the games manufacturer. As I’ve come to expect from Drumond Park, this is a good quality and well thought out game. It’s a simple game in that you have to guess what character you are by asking questions that have a yes or no answer.
Set up is pretty easy. As the game board is double-sided (as are the masks), so before you begin, you need to decide whether you’re going to play the game as animal or human characters. Each player chooses a pair of red, yellow, green or blue glasses, takes a mask without looking at the picture on the other side, and clips it onto their glasses. It’s fairly easy to clip on your masks, but the glasses are a bit on the big side.
The rules are simple: the youngest player starts and spins the spinner in the centre of the board to decide how many spaces they move. The board is marked with questions: there are spaces where you may pick any question and spaces where you may make up your own question. You may move in either direction so pick the question you want to ask and head there, if you’ve asked both possibilities you may spin again. Once your question is answered you place a token (double sided with yes and no on them) on it as a reminder of what the answer is. If the answer is yes you take another turn and if the answer is no you get to take a guess at your character. If you get it wrong the next person has their turn and if you get it right, you remove your yes/no tokens and take a new character from the pile. The winner is the first to guess 3 characters. It’s a really fun game and teaches some useful skills. As a nearly 7 year old, H found it easy to play.
Readers of 92three30 can win a copy of Mask ‘N’ Ask. Entry is via the rafflecopter below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 27 February 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway