Virtual first dating is likely to be a big part of the dating scene for the foreseeable future. It may have come to popularity because of the pandemic, but it looks like it’s here to stay. If you are getting a bit bored of just chatting on a virtual first date, here are some ideas for fun virtual first date ideas.
Find a suitable date with Kent Dating, agree a time and date and select an activity to try. If all goes well, you can take the next date face to face. If it’s not a success, you have only lost an hour or so rather than an entire evening and you can look for another potential date on the Kent Dating Site.
- Ask each other questions. The New York Times lists 36 questions, you can ask each other. It’s a great way to get to know someone, increase your intimacy or simply to break the ice. Who knows you might learn something about yourself too.
- Show and tell around your home. What would they grab first in the event of a fire? What’s the most expensive tiny thing your date has ever purchased? What’s the object they’ve owned for the longest amount of time?
- Play two-person Pictionary. Can you guess what movie your date drew? Can you guess what famous person they sketched? You get two points for each drawing your partner guesses, and one point for each sketch you guess correctly.Will you get all competitive and who will win?
- What have you done today? Ideally you’d make this fairly detailed so that you get a real feel for the other person’s day to day life.
- Mix and drink a cocktail together. The mixing will be a bit of fun and an ice breaker. Then you can settle down and get to know your date a bit better in a more relaxed way. Best to pick out a fairly easy recipe that the ingredients aren’t too tricky to get hold of.
- Have an arts-and-crafts contest. Who can make the best craft based on the items they have in their home or recycling bin? This could be quite a challenge. It might be best to do it before bin day, so you have plenty of items to choose from for your trash art creation.
- Read a book to each other. Maybe pick out a favourite book and read out a section that captured your imagination or resonated with you. You can learn a lot about a person by listening to them read. Alternatively, you could try a book club first date, but this will take a bit of planning as you’ll need time to read the book first.
- Play a game together. Maybe something like charades or an online game like Jackbox.
- Do a quiz together. Either join forces to do it together or you can get competitive and see who performs best.
Virtual first dating can be a lot of fun and a great way to get to know someone. You can do different things to what you would do on a face to face date and it means you can see a different side to someone.