H recently watched Cleo on DVD. To amuse themselves during the winter school break, the kids in a small village decide to have a massive snowball fight. Luke and Sophie, both 11 years old, become the leaders of the opposing sides. Sophie and her friends defend an elaborate snow fort against the assault of Luke’s horde. Whichever side occupies the fort at the end of the winter break, wins. But what starts out as pure youthful fun and enthusiasm deteriorates into a more serious conflict. Joy is restored when all the children decide to attack the fort rather than each other and happily destroy every last bit of the snow fort.
Mostly H enjoyed the film, but without wishing to give things away, he didn’t like the end at all and found it quite sad. He certainly needed a few cuddles after it was over and I think it’s one to watch together as a family because of that, so you can be there to explain/comfort. Prior to the ending, H was very happy watching the film and found it fun, so don’t let the sad bit put you off, just be aware of it. CLEO is available on DVD and Digital Download from 15th February 2016.
I have a copy to give away to readers of Nine to Three Thirty. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 26 February 2016.