What’s so Special about…? Dinosaurs. H would say there’s a lot that’s special about dinosaurs: he’s quite the dinosaur expect. We hadn’t come across the What’s so Special about…? series before, but we were asked if we would like to try out the next 4 books in the series: Diplodocus, Leaellynasaura, Megalosaurus and Triceratops.
These highly collectable, brightly coloured books are 100% up to date with the latest dinosaur research, and packed full of illustrations and insights into how these creatures looked, lived, survived and thrived. We liked their easy to read style, which is combined with lots of information. H’s main complaint about dinosaur books these days is that he’s come across all the information before. He wants to know more, but isn’t ready to read a dry and weighty textbook style book. Thankfully this series seems to help fill that gap.
With each book focusing on one dinosaur, there’s a chance to learn about the animal in detail. We liked the comparison information like the braininess scale, but there’s also a scary scale and a speed comparision chart. There’s information about how and where each dinosaur featured was discovered. You can learn about what diet the dinosaur ate and which other dinosaurs would have lived close by. I think this sort of information gives a much more detailed understanding of how the dinosaurs lived.
I have a set of the four books to give away to a lucky reader. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
- The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
- Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
- Competition closes on 23 October 2016.