Looking for a gift this Christmas with the personal touch? H was thrilled that I’d made this book up for him on the Book of Everyone website. Often I find personalised gifts either quite limited in the extent of their personalisation or are very time-consuming to set up, but I have to say the Book of Everyone avoids both those potential issues. We just gave some basic details: H’s name and who was giving the book (Mummy and Daddy), plus his date of birth.
Most of the personalisation is pulled off the date of birth. It’s fun, but informative and full of information. For instance it tells you things like you were the 6,705,462,959th person alive on earth. H was intrigued to learn that in June 2006 he spent 30 minutes as a single cell and that he has 2 fewer chromosomes than a potato. There’s information about his Chinese sign (the pig) and events that happened through history on his birthday. He learnt about the big movies, books, songs of the year or even day of his birth. He liked the fact that the best-selling book from the year of his birth was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: not only a book that he has read, but a bit of a favourite too.
The book comes as a hardback in a good quality cover with his name on it. The book is nicely bound and printed and looks good. There’s an UK version and an US version and the only slight disappointment was finding an American spelling in it, plus there’s a page that has a till receipt in dollars. A nice touch is having a free digital copy of the book available online and there is a unique ID at the back of the book to access.
I have a Book of Everyone to give away this Christmas to a lucky reader. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
- The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
- Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
- Competition closes on 4th December 2016.