I’ve been on and off road testing this colourful waterproof from Trepass. It’s the Florissant Womens Waterproof Jacket and I picked the sorbet colourway. I’ve been wearing this on the school run – it’s just the thing as it often seems to rain at half past three, but I’ve also been putting it through its paces out on the hills.
Let me talk you through the jacket.
- It’s a lined hood that you can fold away if you want to. I must admit I never bother with this feature, but it does give the jacket a cleaner look if you do. You can adjust the hood to get a nice close fit and there are two poppers on the chin guard to protect your face from the worst of the weather.
- The main fastening is a zip with a popper top and bottom and a flap to velcro over. This provides extra protection from the rain and wind.
- There’s a cosy soft lining around the neck which is nice against your skin. The rest of the jacket has a breathable fabric lining to keep you fresh.
- Around the hemline you get a good fit because of the adjustable drawcord. The cuffs are elasticated and have an adjustable velcro strap.
- There are zip pockets so you won’t lose your keys. Always worth having – I once lost my keys without realising on a hill walk and was very lucky to come across them when we retraced our steps.
- From a technical point of view it can claim to be waterproof to 5000mm. It benefits from taped seams which help stop moisture from getting through the stitching of the jacket. It has a breathability rating of 5000mvp.
I’ve been impressed with this jacket. It’s perfect for wearing on the school run or doing your errands because it looks so good and it keeps you dry. It’s also weatherproof and breathable enough to take on a longer walk in the country. I often wear a waterproof jacket rather than bother with an umbrella, especially in the spring or autumn when you don’t need a heavy coat. I can see me getting a lot of wear from this Trepass jacket.