The other week H and I went to a store opening in the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham. We were very excited because it was the opening of the new Smiggle shop. Smiggle are an Australian brand and are expanding into the UK to the tune of 200 stores.We tried out some Smiggle products earlier in the year when their first UK stores opened and we were keen to see some more as we liked their products so much.
The first thing that strikes you when you go into a Smiggle store is the colour. It’s just so colourful. They put things of the same colour together, so when you look round the store it is like browsing in a rainbow. You quickly see why they are keen to open stores rather than rely on an online business. You can’t resist picking things up as you walk around and all the adults were joining in the play as well as the children. H loved the range of colours and it was great to see some colours that were great for boys like reds and greens. One thing I liked was the selection of ‘purses’ or ‘wallets’ for boys. We tried to find one for H last year and could not find anything suitable, so we ended up buying something while we were on holiday. I know where to go to buy a boy purse now.
H was fascinated by so many things in the shop like the slap bands and the wonderful array of erasers. The biggest hit of all though was the pinart. He played with this more than anything in the shop. There’s something irresistible about these pinart stars isn’t there? H was desperate to have one of his own. Who knows maybe Santa will bring one? We were sent home with a fabulous Smiggle advent calendar and I’ve been sharing some of the daily treats over on Instagram.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 11 December 2014.