We have been experimenting with these Songmics Storage Cubes which we got sent to review and you can buy on Amazon. Now I think they might the thing to store my boots and keep them neat and tidy at the bottom of my wardrobe. Hopefully I won’t have any problems with losing one of the boots this way and I actually think there’s probably room for 2 pairs of boots in each storage cube so they will go further.
Another idea I had was to store our hats and gloves and things that we need when we go out of the house into the cold. It’s easy to see things in the cubes because they are open and it’s a good way of keeping everything in one place.
H on the other hand had other ideas about storing his (toy) weapon collection. I have a competition running on my Facebook page currently and you can enter here. What Songmics want to know from you is:
I’ve teamed up with TIANA Fair Trade Organics, one of the leading manufacturers and the nation’s coconut expert with over 10 years expertise producing and supplying high quality superfoods and beauty products. We have some of their lovely products (1 of each of these) to give away from the Beauty Sensations Range, which are made with 100% organic and Fair Trade ingredients:
TIANA Rose Fresh Coconut TLC, Anti-Ageing Moisturiser
– Contains 100% cold pressed coconut oil, fresh coconut butter and high quality pure Rosa Damascena oil produced by distillation
– Naturally high in anti-oxidants that are nature’s best defence against anti-ageing
– Provides strong anti-oxidant capacity due to particular compounds ferulic acid and p-coumaric acids
TIANA Argan Fresh Coconut TLC Intensive Hair Treatment
– The only beauty product to combine organic coconut and argan oils together
– Contains the highest content of key nutrients including Lauric acid, Capric acid and Caprillic acid which possess excellent anti-bacterial properties
– Perfect way to combat all kinds of damaged or dry hair
Please enter the competition through the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 17th December 2017.
At the weekend we went to the Magical Lantern Festival that this year is being held in Kings Heath Park in Birmingham. It’s timed entry and you can park in a nearby school car park, so it doesn’t get too difficult logistically. If you are on public transport the number 11 bus goes right past and that goes just about everywhere in Birmingham, plus there are buses from the city centre going up nearby Kings Heath high street. The timed entry means that the lantern trail isn’t overcrowded and you can get to fully enjoy the lights.
The boys (H and his cousin) had a lot of fun picking out the lights as we turned the corners of the route through the park. There were some lights that you could get a little closer to and take some pictures like this one, but you aren’t supposed to touch any of the light installations. The Magical Lantern Festival is open until 1st January 2018. There’s loads to see including a representation of Birmingham’s Central Library building. I think my favourite were the flamingos, but the polar bears came a close second.
Around the trail there are various stopping off points where you can get something to eat or drink, or maybe go on a fairground ride or two (mostly geared to little ones). There was also a Santa’s Grotto (for which there’s an extra charge) and you can either book in advance or queue up on the night.
At the end there’s a tent where you can go to eat your food if you have purchased from one of the stalls. This was great for us as we hadn’t eaten before we went, so we were able to get some food and sit down to eat it inside (there are outside benches too, but it was a bit damp).