We have been trying out King Pong, a Drumond Park game, which is a lot of fun. It’s a good one for family play, although the age range is 8+ so it’s not really suitable for little ones. I think this is mostly because it takes a bit of skill and there could be frustration for younger ones. One of the things that makes it enjoyable is that you all play at the same time, so there is no waiting around for a turn.
It’s easy enough to assemble the game. You do have to dismantle it to put it away, but this is pretty easy to do so it works well. The only thing we struggled a bit with was how to insert the blockers to close off trays if you are playing with less than 4 players. H worked it out in the end though. It’s probably at its most fun played with a group of 4 (the maximum number of players), but works well with 2 or 3 players too. You each have coloured balls that you have to bounce into the unit through either the hole at the top or the one on your side of the unit. This is not that easy to achieve, but I guess you might find it easier if you are good at table tennis. You are looking to empty your tray of balls and then close the door on your side of the unit to stop any new ones getting in. The trouble is every one else is trying to do the same. It’s a frantic, fun game with plenty of picking up the ball off the floor after poor aiming.
We think it’s best played on a square table so you can have the game unit in the middle and have an equal amount of table surface around you, but you could play it on any table or similar surface really. We have a game (rrp £24.99) to give away to readers too. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 30th September 2017.