I’ve long been a fan of bamboo for its green credentials: it uses a lot less water than cotton in its growth and can be grown without pesticides, plus it grows so quickly. It’s got a lot of other properties too like being soft, absorbent and it has anti-bacterial properties. I have quite a few bamboo items including the socks I’m wearing right now and sports leggings. I’d not tried out bamboo towels before though, but it makes a lot of sense especially given the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties (perfect for something designed to get wet). I think they’d be ideal for school use at the swimming pool or for having a shower after football.
The Towel Shop sent me some of their bamboo collection to try out and I haven’t been disappointed. The towels are so, so soft, but very absorbent too and make me feel pampered every time I get out of the bath or the shower.
I have a hand and bath towel available for readers to win, so you could be enjoying a little bamboo luxury too. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 5th March 2017.
The Towel Shop