Storage is always at a premium, but sometimes you don’t want yet another cupboard or chest of drawers. You might want more seating too and you can’t fit in bulky chairs or sofas. The room H spends most time in has a small sofa and that is fine if it’s just him there or maybe him and a friend. If his cousins are round though there could be quite a few of them in the room and the sofa isn’t enough, but I buy furniture that is only going to get used once in a while.
Songmics recently got in touch and offered us the chance to try out their Ottoman Storage Bench and it seemed like just the thing: storage and seating in one. So they sent us one through to try. It came very quickly and we were soon busy unwrapping it and setting it up.
It comes in a compact package and this is what it looks like when it comes out of its packaging. You literally take the box out of the lid and open it out. You then put the lid on top. I must admit I was a bit dubious that it would be strong enough given how easy it was to put together, but it can easily hold my weight. In fact, H says he’s stood on it thousands of times and it’s really secure. The thousands of times might be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. It’s a smart light grey colour which would suit a lot of colour schemes. Inside there’s plenty of room and I could see myself storing bedding inside. It’s a good size to hold a couple of pillows or maybe a batch of sheets and duvet covers. I am getting another one as a matching pair so that I can create a bit more seating and storage.
I have one to give away to readers too. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 5th November 2017.