I can’t be the only parent that finds getting their child to take responsibility for their own oral health problematic. Despite trying various gimmicks, we still struggle with getting H to brush for two minutes at a time. As it’s Oral Health Month, Colgate are promoting some easy tips to help keep your child’s teeth and gums healthy.
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. Once should be before bed.
- Supervise your child during tooth brushing until they are at least 7. To be honest I can still see us doing this at 17 at the rate H is going.
- Just spit after brushing as rinsing washes the fluoride protection away.
- Don’t drink or eat sugary food and drinks too often or too much.
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports.
- If your dentist has suggested a fluoride mouthwash, use this at different time to tooth brushing as this will increase your protection throughout the day.
- If you need further advice, ask your dentist.
Colgate sent us a pack of information and some products for us to practice good tooth brushing.