Springtime six years ago I decided it was time to start a blog. I’d been writing for another online site for some time and I was keen to write for myself as well. It all started about the time we got H’s school place confirmed, but really gained pace when he started school as I had more time then to spend on writing and promoting my blog. It’s been a busy six years, but fun too and blogging has taken us to so many places. Literally, in some cases like when we went to Brittany, Trecco Bay and the Isles of Scilly, but also there have been some fantastic experiences closer to home and we have got to try many things that we wouldn’t have otherwise had the chance.
It’s been a way of meeting people too. It’s not just other bloggers, but also the PRs and other professionals that I meet in the course of my job. I’ve made friends online that I talk to every day and sometimes I get to meet them in real life too, which is fabulous. H has been with me on my journey too. He’s become a more and more active participant in the blog in recent years. He now has a big say in what I take on if it’s something that will require his participation. He’s learnt a lot about the blogging business too and I wouldn’t be surprised if he started his own one day soon.
Anyway it’s time to celebrate all that and to thank the people who made it all possible: my readers. If nobody reads a blog, then it’s not much more than an online diary. So here’s a fantastic giveaway prize to say thank you: £50 Paypal cash. For once I can offer this prize worldwide as the prize will be transmitted by Paypal, so it’s a chance to reward my readers outside the UK too. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 31st May 2017.