I was a huge Roald Dahl fan when I was growing up and H really enjoys his stories too. They have really stood the test of time. Have you ever wanted to know more about the stories, the characters and how the books were created? For instance, have you ever wanted to know what actually happened to James Trotter’s parents when they encountered an angry escaped rhino?
Or how to make the Twits’ infamous bird pie? Well now you can find out, with The Gloriumptious Worlds of Roald Dahl.
The book is a brilliant extension to Dahl’s wonderful stories, and gives fascinating insights into the characters and events from Roald Dahl’s writing in a humorous, exciting and downright gloriumptious way. For the very first time, the stories behind the stories are brought to life in this brand new title. Inside, Quentin Blake’s iconic illustrations are combined with previously unpublished reproductions of imagined letters, artefacts and posters, and editing notes from Dahl himself, to bring all of Roald Dahl’s characters alive. Whether you have read all of Roald Dahl’s stories, or are just beginning to enjoy them, this is a great companion book that will help you delve even deeper into Roald Dahl’s worlds.
I have been loving the wealth of detail and the wonderful Quentin Blake illustrations. You can really become immersed in the many different worlds of Roald Dahl. It’s a real treat for Roald Dahl fans. Good news for readers too because I have a copy to giveaway in our latest competition. Enter via the Gleam widget below. Let me know what your favourite Roald Dahl book is below in the comments if you can too.
Priced at £16.99 the new title will be available to buy from all good bookshops and online stores, as well as from www.carltonbooks.co.uk
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
- The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
- Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
- Competition closes on 28 September 2016.