I quite often read young adult fiction. Over the last few years I’ve read the Hunger Games series and the Divergent trilogy. I know I’m not alone in reading young adult fiction, as an adult, as I often talk to people who do this same. I’ve just finished reading All My Secrets by Sophie McKenzie. Now I’ve not read one of Sophie’s novels before, but I probably should have. Sophie’s debut was the multi-award winning Girl, Missing (2006), and she is also the author of Blood Ties and sequel, Blood Ransom, The Medusa Project series, and the Luke and Eve trilogy. She has tallied up numerous award wins and has twice been longlisted for the Carnegie Medal. Sophie’s psychological thrillers for adults include Richard and Judy pick Close My Eyes, and her latest novel, Trust in Me.
So what is All My Secrets about? Evie Brown is shocked when she suddenly finds out that she’s inherited £10 million.The news of the inheritance and the reason for it, turn her established world upside down. Her parents seem unable or unwilling to tell here the truth,so Evie ends up on the mysterious island of Lightsea, where her desire for answers leads her towards a series of revelations that threaten everything including her life.
All My Secrets is a fast-moving, involving drama about a young girl whose world has been turned upside down. It’s an easy, fast read as once you start reading, you want to find out what happens next. I’m guessing that fans of Sophie McKenzie will love this and I think it’s a great book to read if you are new to this author too. In fact, I’m planning to read some of her other novels now.
Nine to Three Thirty have a copy of All My Secrets to giveaway. Enter via the Gleam widget below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No bulk, third-party or automated entries.
2. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or older.
3. The winners will be chosen by a random draw.
4. The winner will be notified by email and will have a week to claim their prize. Should they fail to respond within this time, an alternative winner will be selected.
5. Promoter is responsible for fulfilling the prize and full contact details of the winner will be passed onto the promoter.
6. Competition closes on 17 July 2015.
All My Secrets